Our Patient Group has been quiet for a while mainly due to covid and we aim to resume contact shortly.
We are constantly looking to improve the services we offer our patients against the back drop of major changes within the NHS, and we hope to reform a Patient Participation core Group (PPG) will which meet with the practice team a few times a year.
We also wish to create a much larger group of virtual patients, whom we contact via email periodically in order to ask a question or two and gain valuable feedback.
Are you interested in joining our patient group(s), if this is something that you would like to become part of?
Please register your interest in joining the PPG by clicking on this link to get in touch http://www.rosegarthsurgery.co.uk/contact_dlg1.aspx?p=B84005 or use the Contact Us tab in this section.
Please let us know if you prefer to be part of a virtual group or core group (which will meet face to face).
A PPG can:
- Help the practice improve their services and act as an independent ‘critical friend’ to the practice
- Provide feedback on patients’ needs, concerns and interests and challenge the practice constructively whenever necessary.
- Help the practice make the best use of their resources
- Promote good health and higher levels of literacy by encouraging and supporting activities within the practice and promoting preventative medicines.
- Liaise with other PPGs in the area.
- Influence decisions about which services are provided
- Offer practical support to the practice
- Influencing the provision of secondary healthcare and social care locally.
- Provide a means for patients to be more involved and make suggestions about the healthcare services they receive
- Explore issues from patient complaints and patient surveys, contribute to actions plans and help monitor improvements
- Contribute feedback to the practice on National Patient Survey results and Friends and Family Test feedback, to propose developments or change
- Support health awareness and patient education
A PPG isn't
- A time-consuming activity
What does it involve?
Being part of the virtual or core membership group does not take up a lot of your time, but it can make a big difference. It gives you the opportunity to provide vital feedback, which helps develop practice services.
PPG Committee meetings occur quarterly at the practice.
Who can join?
Any registered member of the Practice can join the virtual group. We encourage diversity in our PPG, and therefore we are particularly looking for young people, workers, retirees, people with long-term conditions and people from non-British ethnic groups to join us.
If you would like to join the group, click below to download the application form. Please return the completed form to the practice.
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form, please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to via this link or form.
Many thanks for your assistance.
PRG application form