Online consultations a user guide is available Here.
Welcome to Rosegarth & Siddal Surgeries
The Doctors and staff at Rosegarth & Siddal Group Practice are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.
This website provides many online facilities, including appointment booking, cancellation, and prescription ordering.
It also contains a vast range of health information and resources, along with practical information on visiting the Practice.
We hope you find the website useful and informative.
Our phone lines are extremely busy due to COVID-19 and the flu season, we are experiencing an unprecedented demand on our service.
Latest information and advice
Isolation Sick Note
Click on the link below if you have been told to self-isolate because of coronavirus and you need a note for your employer.
WE WILL INVITE YOU IN LINE WITH NATIONAL GUIDANCE - please don't ring Rosegarth/Siddal Surgery or any other surgery to try to book an appointment.
This is a very difficult time for all of us and we thank you for your understanding and patience.
Patient information leaflets
For up to date guidance on shielding and protecting people who are clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19 please go to the government website.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused in your delay whilst queuing.
We recommend that patients contact us via their online services link or through Engage consult
by clicking on the blue GP online services link below.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
For all non-emergency medical problems, sick note requests or for administrative queries we encourage you to use our Online Consultation Service, Engage Consult.
This service must not be used for medical emergencies such as
chest pain or severe bleeding.
Please dial 999.
It is mandatory for all patients attending the practice to wear a face covering
FLU CLINICS AT ROSEGARTH & SIDDAL
This year, in response to the coronavirus pandemic, the government have made changes to the eligibility criteria for the flu vaccine; due to the strict health and safety measures currently in place, we need to run our clinics differently to ensure we can keep our patients and staff safe at this time.
This year we have to factor in social distancing into our flu vaccination clinics so we are introducing new systems to keep everyone safe.
We WILL NOT host any drop in clinics this year and all appointments MUST be in a pre-bookable slot.
Everyone eligible needs to pre-book ring our dedicated FLU MOBILE PHONE ON 07385838397.
Please DO NOT ring the Surgery Reception phone as we are experiencing high calls demand already.
All of our clinics can be booked by calling our dedicated Flu Mobile phone on 07385838397.
Please read the below carefully before booking into a clinic:
- All our clinics will be available to book online via Patient Access. Please register for Patient Access if you do not have an online account already.
- Our clinics will run in a clinical priority order and eligible patients will be sent invites.
- You will be booked into a specific timed appointment and it is essential you arrive on time for that appointment.
- If you do not arrive for the time you book, you may be asked to re-book another time.
- Please arrive at your appointment time. This is so that we can ensure we do not have big groups of patients congregating outside the surgeries and can maintain social distance safely.
- You will be asked to queue outside at 2 metre intervals and your name will be checked off a register by a member of staff so that we have a record of your attendance.
- Your temperature will be taken and a series of questions posed to you before you enter the surgery.
- Patients must wear a face covering for their appointment.
- Please come alone to your appointment if possible to reduce the number of people at the practice.
- Please ensure you are able to remove your coat/outer clothing easily to be given the injection in your upper arm.
- We cannot accommodate delivering the shingles and pneumonia vaccines at the same time. Patients can book into these clinics separately with our Nursing team, invites will be sent separately.
Who is eligible for the 2020/21 Flu Vaccine?
Those eligible for the flu vaccine are as follows:
- All patients 6 months to under 65 years in clinical at risk groups, such as lung, heart kidney, liver and neurological disease, diabetes, suppressed immunity.
- Plus those who have recently had to shield during the COVID-19 pandemic, and their immediate family living with them (if they are also our patients).
- Pregnant women.
- Patients over 65 years (or those turning 65 before 31st March 2021).
- Children aged 2-3 years on 31st August 2020 can be vaccinated at the surgery i.e. born between 1st Sept 2016 & 31st Aug 2018.
- All primary school aged children and Year 7s (1st year at secondary school) will be vaccinated at school. Please contact your schools directly for further information.
- Only “at risk” children aged 7-11 can be vaccinated at the practice.
NEW COHORT: Aged 50-64 none at risk.
Despite the current media coverage, we have not yet had confirmation from NHS England how all the over 50 -64s will be vaccinated this year.
It is likely that the earliest you will be offered a flu vaccination is this winter and this is subject to sufficient vaccine supplies. The Government are working with manufacturers to increase available supplies and we await further from advise NHSE on when and how we can deliver this flu campaign to this cohort of patients. As soon as we receive this information we will send invitations out to the patients who qualify for the vaccine.
How do I decline my flu vaccine?
If you know you do not want the flu vaccine this year please email the admin team at email@example.com. Please state your name and DOB. Alternatively please ring the FLU MOBILE on 07385838397. This year more than ever this is very important to note your refusal to take up your reserved flu vaccine, as vaccines supplied are expected to be in extremely high demand.
What can I do if I am not eligible for a Flu vaccine this season, how can I get one?
Some patients may also have had a flu vaccine in the past but are not eligible this season. If you would like to be vaccinated, please contact the local pharmacies to see who is offering this service. The charges do vary but are normally between £8-£14.
Please book into a clinic via Patient Access if you are eligible for a flu vaccine.
If you would like to find out more about the flu vaccine for 2020/21, please download the flu vaccination booklet:
For further information on this years Flu Vaccine campaign please click here.
Emotional Health and Wellbeing Service Officer for Children and Young People in Calderdale, for further details please click here.
Join our …WEEKLY THURSDAY STROLLS FROM THE SURGERY - The walks are temporarily suspended due to the pandemic
Click on the Online Consultation banner to sign up.
A user guide is available Here.
Reduce Heart Disease and Strokes
Improve balance and reduce falls
Improve your fitness
Improve Mental wellbeing
Walks have been suspended due to COVID.
But you can join Free zoom exercise classes for Tai Chi, Pilates, Circuit Training, Keep Fit and Chair Based Exercise via the website link below.
They are normally every Thursday from Rosegarth Surgery. The walks begin at 12.30pm and finish by 1.15pm.
You do not need any special equipment for the walks, just sturdy shoes and a waterproof coat.
Walks will be provided in partnership with CREW
If you need more information please ring Warren on 0770 6915833
Health – Calderdale Better Living Service
Did you know you can get free support from the Calderdale Better Living Service?
Do you want to make a change to improve your health? The Better Living Service of Calderdale Council provides help and support in improving lifestyles. This is a free service across Calderdale providing support around weight loss, accessibility to exercise, smoking cessation, alcohol reduction, stroke recovery, pre and post-natal health and much more. More Information
Spring Hall Medical Practice Walk Click on the link to view
(Site updated 17/02/2021)