Welcome to Rosegarth & Siddal Surgeries
The Doctors and staff at Rosegarth & Siddal Group Practice are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.
This website provides many online facilities, including appointment booking, cancellation, and prescription ordering.
It also contains a vast range of health information and resources, along with practical information on visiting the Practice.
We hope you find the website useful and informative.
Our phone lines are extremely busy due to COVID-19 and the coming flu season, we are experiencing an unprecedented demand on our service.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused in your delay whilst queuing.
We recommend that patients contact us via their online services link or through Engage consult by clicking on the blue GP online services link below.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
FLU CLINICS AT ROSEGARTH & SIDDAL
This year, in response to the coronavirus pandemic, the government have made changes to the eligibility criteria for the flu vaccine; due to the strict health and safety measures currently in place, we need to run our clinics differently to ensure we can keep our patients and staff safe at this time.
This year we have to factor in social distancing into our flu vaccination clinics so we are introducing new systems to keep everyone safe.
We WILL NOT host any drop in clinics this year and all appointments MUST be in a pre-bookable slot.
Everyone eligible needs to pre-book ONLINE or alternatively ring our dedicated FLU MOBILE PHONE ON 07385838397.
Please DO NOT ring the Surgery Reception phone as we are experiencing high calls demand already.
All of our clinics are bookable via on line access or with via the Flu Mobile phone, we are holding clinics:
Wednesday 23rd Sept
10am to 5.30pm
Thursday 24th Sept
10am to 5.30pm
Friday 25th Sept
2pm to 5.30pm
Saturday 26th Sept
8am to 1.15pm
Wednesday 30th Sept
10am to 5.30pm
Thursday 1st Oct
10am to 5.30pm
Friday 2nd Oct
2pm to 5.30pm
Additional clinics will be arranged once the above is booked up. Please access our website for further updates, thank you.
Please read the below carefully before booking into a clinic:
- All our clinics will be available to book online via Patient Access. Please register for Patient Access if you do not have an online account already.
- Our clinics will run in a clinical priority order and eligible patients will be sent invites.
- You will be booked into a specific timed appointment and it is essential you arrive on time for that appointment.
- If you do not arrive for the time you book, you may be asked to re-book another time.
- Please arrive at your appointment time. This is so that we can ensure we do not have big groups of patients congregating outside the surgeries and can maintain social distance safely.
- You will be asked to queue outside at 2 metre intervals and your name will be checked off a register by a member of staff so that we have a record of your attendance.
- Your temperature will be taken and a series of questions posed to you before you enter the surgery.
- Patients must wear a face covering for their appointment.
- Please come alone to your appointment if possible to reduce the number of people at the practice.
- Please ensure you are able to remove your coat/outer clothing easily to be given the injection in your upper arm.
- We cannot accommodate delivering the shingles and pneumonia vaccines at the same time. Patients can book into these clinics separately with our Nursing team, invites will be sent separately.
Who is eligible for the 2020/21 Flu Vaccine?
Those eligible for the flu vaccine are as follows:
- All patients 6 months to under 65 years in clinical at risk groups, such as lung, heart kidney, liver and neurological disease, diabetes, suppressed immunity.
- Plus those who have recently had to shield during the COVID-19 pandemic, and their immediate family living with them (if they are also our patients).
- Pregnant women.
- Patients over 65 years (or those turning 65 before 31st March 2021).
- Children aged 2-3 years on 31st August 2020 can be vaccinated at the surgery i.e. born between 1st Sept 2016 & 31st Aug 2018.
- All primary school aged children and Year 7s (1st year at secondary school) will be vaccinated at school. Please contact your schools directly for further information.
- Only “at risk” children aged 7-11 can be vaccinated at the practice.
NEW COHORT: Aged 50-64 none at risk.
Despite the current media coverage, we have not yet had confirmation from NHS England how all the over 50 -64s will be vaccinated this year.
It is likely that the earliest you will be offered a flu vaccination is November and this is subject to sufficient vaccine supplies. This is Government guidelines and is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. The Government are working with manufacturers to increase available supplies.
How do I decline my flu vaccine?
If you know you do not want the flu vaccine this year please email the admin team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your name and DOB. Alternatively please ring the FLU MOBILE on 07385838397. This year more than ever this is very important to note your refusal to take up your reserved flu vaccine, as vaccines supplied are expected to be in extremely high demand.
What can I do if I am not eligible for a Flu vaccine this season, how can I get one?
Some patients may also have had a flu vaccine in the past but are not eligible this season. If you would like to be vaccinated, please contact the local pharmacies to see who is offering this service. The charges do vary but are normally between £8-£14.
Please book into a clinic via Patient Access if you are eligible for a flu vaccine.
If you would like to find out more about the flu vaccine for 2020/21, please download the flu vaccination booklet:
For further information on this years Flu Vaccine campaign please click here.
Join our …WEEKLY THURSDAY STROLLS FROM THE SURGERY - The walks are temporarily suspended due to the pandemic
Reduce Heart Disease and Strokes
Improve balance and reduce falls
Improve your fitness
Improve Mental wellbeing
Every Thursday from 4th April 2019 there will be a short easy walk starting
from Rosegarth Surgery.
The walks will begin at 12.30pm and finish by 1.15pm.
You do not need any special equipment for the walks, just sturdy shoes and a waterproof coat.
Walks will be provided in partnership with CREW
If you need more information please ring Warren on 0770 6915833
Health – Calderdale Better Living Service
Did you know you can get free support from the Calderdale Better Living Service?
Do you want to make a change to improve your health? The Better Living Service of Calderdale Council provides help and support in improving lifestyles. This is a free service across Calderdale providing support around weight loss, accessibility to exercise, smoking cessation, alcohol reduction, stroke recovery, pre and post-natal health and much more. More Information
Spring Hall Medical Practice Walk Click on the link to view
After months of recruiting, we are very pleased to announce that we now have a complete team of clinicians.
The Team consists of :
Dr Paul Sawczyn
Dr David Taylor
Dr Deepa Prasad
Dr Helen Davies
Dr Richard Loh
Dr Julia Taylor
Dr Cath Hugh
Dr Kirti Chaudhari
Dr Edward Rice
Dr Mazhar Mohammed
Dr Caitlin McGreevy
Dr Ali Salama
Specialist Nurse Practitioner Deborah Colledge
Specialist Nurse Practitioner Joanne Lambert
Practice Nurse Sister Hilary Hibbin
Health Care Assistant Andrea Adams
(Site updated 19/09/2020)