ONLINE SERVICES are available by registration.
How to register for online services
Patients over the age of 16 can apply for online services in person. To do this, you would need to provide proof of ID, preferably a photo ID, such as a passport or a driving licence. If no photo ID is available, a utility bill from the last 3 months may suffice.
Parents of patients under the age of 12 can apply for proxy access until the child is 12. Same ID checks apply for the parent, as well as the birth certificate of the child.
Patients between the ages of 12 – 16 are required to be assessed by a GP if competent to have an account in their own name.
What you can do online
- book, view, amend, cancel and print appointments with a GP;
- change you personal and contact details; send us a message
- request prescriptions online; view and print a list of repeat prescriptions;
- view online, export or print any information from Summary Record relating to medications, allergies, adverse reactions.
In addition to the above, from the 31st March 2016 you can access all coded entries of your medical record, online. Once logged onto your online account, you can request it by going to Manage Online Services. Just like online banking, you can look at your medical records on a computer, or on any a mobile device via an app. Being able to see your record online might help you manage your medical conditions ,and it also means that you can access your record from anywhere in the world. For copy of medical records, see http://www.rosegarthsurgery.co.uk/clinics-and-services.aspx
Things to consider
Before you apply for online access to your medical record there are some things you need to consider:
- Forgotten medical history
- Abnormal results or bad news
- Choosing to share your information with someone
- Coercion (being pressured into revealing details from your record by someone else against your will)
- Misunderstood information
- Information about someone else on your records
If you already have a username and password, all you need to do is go to Online Account Management, Manage Online Services and Add the services you require. A GP will consider your request and we will let you know by text message.